Followers

About Me

My photo
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cry Me A Riva

Hello,

Firstly, be warned... I lost a fight with a mop at work two nights ago and came out with three nails broken down to the very nubbiny-ist of nubbins... it's not pretty, but they will grow out, and I actually think it's kind of cute with today's color choice, which leads me to...

A nice franken (that is to say, a homemade mix) of the much hyped, much overpriced Chanel Riva. I personally have no problem paying some steep prices for polishes (I'm looking at you, Rescue Beauty Lounge)... but I draw the line at Chanel's normal $23 a bottle... needless to say I wasn't gonna cough up $30 for something I could make on my own for $4 with polishes I bought at Target.

Anywho, here's my (from what I can tell based on swatches of the real thing) very good dupe of Chanel's Riva.

^ Direct Sunlight ^ 


^ Shade ^


^ Indoors, Indirect Sun ^

The first and last photos show that lovely in-the-bottle shimmer that Riva has, but the second I think is slightly more accurate to the color. This franken has a bit of the squishy look that Riva seems to get when built to full opacity, but the difference is that this is opaque in two light coats.

My Recipe for it is as follows:
1/2 Wet and Wild in French White Creme
1/3 New York Color in Cashmere Creme  
1/6 Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away

I also added a few drops of Revlon's Powder Puff because it was initially not light enough but I had run out of the W&W... but I don't think it changes the outcome too much.

All in all I'm quite happy about this color... is it entirely new and unique like Jade or Paradoxal was? No, no it's not. Is it a pretty pretty light blue that makes me happy? Yes, yes it is

No comments:

Post a Comment