Followers

About Me

My photo
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Zombies Are Coming...

Hello Lovelies!

Well for the "End of the World" I wanted to do a manicure for my favorite sub-genre of apocalypse: Zombies. I was planning out a nice, normal zombie manicure when I looked up at what my mother was doing on her computer... then it hit me... PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES.

If you aren't familiar with PVZ, it's a super addictive tower defense game available for tablets, smartphones, and computers. The point is to plant plants in your front and back yard to keep zombies out of your home and away from your brains.

Here is the result of that brainstorm:

Left Hand: Brain, Peashooter, Sunflower, Torchwood, Wall-Nut 

Right Hand: Potato Mine, Flaming Pea, Flaming Pea, Flaming Pea

Right Thumb: Zombie


These took a long time and a lot of polishes to do.

 For the left hand the brain is Zoya Areej stamped with China Glaze Something Sweet. using my Cheeky XL Plate D. The base of every other nail is either China Glaze Starboard or Essie Mojito Madness. The Peashooter is OPI Who The Shrek Are You dotted with Wet N Wild Black Creme. The Sunflower is OPI San-tan-tonio, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, a mix of Who The Shrek Are You and Starboard, and Black Creme. The Torchwood is China Glaze Mahogany Magic, Happy Go Lucky and Papaya Punch for the flames, Happy Go Lucky and Merry Berry for the  eyes, and Wet N Wild Black Creme and French White Creme.The Wall-Nut is San-Tan-Tonio, Black Creme, and French White Creme.

For the right hand the bases are also alternating Starboard and Mojito Madness. The Potato Mine is OPI A Taupe The Space Needle, San-Tan-Tonio, Sally Hansen Complete in Dorian Grey, and China Glaze Hey Sailor. All the Flaming Peas are Black Creme with China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and Papaya Punch. Finally, the zombie on the thumb is Sinful Colors Seaweed, China Claze Merry Berry, and Black Creme and French White Creme.

For the first really detailed freehand nail art I've done in a long time I'm really happy with how these turned out... Especially the zombie, considering I wasn't using my dominant hand to paint him!

Until next time,

HeatherS

No comments:

Post a Comment